Pets are family. We love them. We let them be the real bosses of the house. That doesn’t take away from the fact that they can also leave unsightly stains and unpleasant smells in our rugs.
So what can you do to keep your furry babies and a home that smells fresh and clean?
How to Remove Urine Stains From Rug or Carpet
If you’ve ever had a puppy, you’re probably no stranger to the accidents that happen on your rugs. If this is your situation, follow these steps to rid your rugs of the smell:
1. If there’s a fresh urine stain, blot all excess moisture with paper towels.
2. If the stain is older, sprinkle a small amount of baking soda over it.
3. Mix dish equal parts water and distilled white vinegar into a spray bottle and use as a cleaning solution to rub the stain.
4. Avoid steam cleaners, since the heat will permanently set the stain on your rug.
5. If the rug has several stains, it’s time to bite the bullet and call a professional rug cleaner to take care of it.
If Your Home Still Smells Like Your Pets, Contact The Great American Rug Cleaning Company for Service
At Great American Rug Cleaning, we have skilled technicians and professionals that will take care of all types of rugs, from the regular to the high-end. We use the most advanced equipment in the industry to clean as well as protect your rugs.